jumia injoo 1

amazon header

Tuesday 10 February 2015

I got N5m share from one operation –Suspect

 arms

An armed robbery suspect simply identified as Chukwuemeka has denied being an armed robber.
The suspect who is being interrogated at the State Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) of the Lagos State police command said “I only opened bank vault for my gang.  I can’t be described as an armed robber but I can be culpable for aiding and abetting.  What happened was that I was invited two times as a welder to assist them in opening bank vaults.  I did one in Port Novo and another in Mali.
“I did not touch any of the guns we were carrying.  I only went with two chizzles, which I used in opening the vaults.
During the robbery at Port Novo, I watched as my gang members overpowered the two policemen on duty.  They bound them hands and legs.  I only destroyed the vault and we packed money.
“I was given a N5 million share which I added in my generator business because, I sell generators in Lagos.  In the Mali robbery, I got N7 million.  The only robbery that I made money was that of Alakija, Lagos State.  We robbed an individual.  I got N17 million but I did not participate as I stayed inside the bus.
I will swear with my dead father’s names that I did not carry arms.  I was given N17 million from the Alakija operation because of the role I played in Port Novo and Mali robberies.  My gang was impressed on the ingenuity I used in opening the vaults.  I was well appreciated.
“I opened generator business because there was too much money and people may start suspecting me, if I did not invest.  Well, I learnt from the leader of our gang.  He advised us to invest our loot in business whether the business is lucrative or not so that people would see us as businessmen.
“My only regret was that my family members will be disappointed in me.  They so much love me.  I also lied to them that apart from generator business, I was into oil and gas.  Because they so much believe in me, they were not questioning my source of income.
“The only thing I want to clear is that I have never killed or handled a gun.  I only opened bank vault.
The Commissioner of Police Mr. Kayode Aderanti said following a tip-off, the officer in charge of SARS, Abba Kyari and his team stormed the hideout of the trans-boarder armed robbers and arrested six suspects.
He said SARS operatives have declared manhunt on other members of the gang.


Hemp dealer bags 4 years imprisonment

A 35-year-old hemp seller, Ajayi Ganiu, has been sentenced to four years imprisonment with had labour by the Federal High Court sitting in Lagos.
The convict was arrested by the National Drugs Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), on August 11, 2014, at 14, Anuoluwapo Street, Shasha area of Lagos, with 650 grams of cannabis sativa (aka Indian hemp).
He was arraigned before Justice Okon Abang, on one count charge of unlawful possession of  cannabis sativa.   The offence, according to the NDLEA prosecutor, Mr. Orji Kalu, contravenes section 11(c) of the NDLEA Act N30 of Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.
The charge against him reads; “That you, Ajayi Ganiu, 35, on or about August 21, 2014, at 14, Anuoluwapo Street, Shasha, Lagos, within the jurisdiction of this court, without lawful authority dealt with 650 grams of cannabis sativa, contrary to section 11(c) of NDLEA Act N30 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.”
The convict pleaded guilty to the charge.
Following the plea the prosecutor, Orji Kalu, after reviewing the facts of the case, urged the court to convict him.
Consequently, the presiding judge, pronounced the convict guilty as charged, and sentenced him to four years imprisonment


Alleged N16.9m fraud: EFCC nabs couple 

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC), has arrested a couple over their alleged role in N16.9 million advance fee fraud (aka 419).
The couple simply identified as Nwabueze (aka HRM Ezeugo) and Bridget were apprehended together with one Eze popularly known as Engineer Victor.
The suspects, according to the commission, allegedly conspired to defraud Mr. Austin Ilenre Emuan, Managing Director Gothic-Len Consortium Limited to the tune of N16.9 million over a non-existent contract.
The trio and others at large were alleged to be leaders of a syndicate from Obagi Community, Ahoada, Rivers State, that engaged in fraudulent acts, obtaining by false pretence and impersonation.
The suspects were arrested following a petition from Mr. Emuan, alleging that one Miss Joy (now at large), Nwabueze and others in 2011 conspired and defrauded him of  N16, 900,000.00 under the pretext of awarding his company a contract for construction of a cottage hospital in Obagi community.
According to the petitioner, one Ezeugo 1, who claimed to be the traditional ruler connived with Eze who posed as an employee of oil firm to defraud his company of the said sum and 600 bags of rice before the project was discovered to be hoax.

No comments: